Site Visitor Consent
This blog is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from this age group without the explicit consent of a parent or guardian.
I. Use of Collected Information
We’re going to be collecting information about visitors to the website and analyzing that information in order to enhance website performance.
The information we collect from you depends on what you do when you visit our Site. Please note that we do not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit our Site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
We collect personal information you provide to us in connection with purchases you make on our Site, product ratings and reviews you post to the Site. We may request personally-identifying information from you, along with other information, in order for you to participate. Participation in these activities is completely voluntary; therefore, you can elect not to disclose your personal information by not participating in the activity.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, and to guard that information against loss, misuse or alteration. When you enter sensitive and/or personally-identifying information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personally Identifiable Information: No personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, telephone number, email) will be collected unless it is voluntarily submitted to us via a comment. You should not publish any identifiable information as related to disease states or use of regulated products. Because Connecticut Hedge Fund Association and its affiliates operate in highly regulated industries, comments pertaining to disease states, ongoing legal matters or regulated content will not be posted publicly.
If personally identifiable information is posted, it will only be used as follows:
- To respond to specific requests via email when appropriate;
- To inform visitors via email that their comment was not posted publicly;
- To report information to regulatory authorities as necessary.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: The information we collect may include your IP Address (a number used to identify your computer on the Internet) and other information gathered through our weblogs, cookies or by other means. Additionally we may make use of “cookies” in the collection of information you provide us, or when your web browser accesses information on this web site.
- We may share your personal information with our agents, contractors or partners in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Connecticut Hedge Fund Association, such as sending email messages, managing data, hosting our databases, providing data processing services, or providing online consulting services. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Connecticut Hedge Fund Association.
- We retain the right to disclose collected information if required to do so by law or in exceptionally rare instances if acting on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect national, state, or company security or to respond to an emergency situation.
We may update this policy from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of this policy. We will not make any materially different use of collected information without notifying site visitors.